We ship only the finest aquatic livestock available. We import our animals from superior collectors around the world, hold them in a state-of-the art facility, hand pick each and every specimen for health and quality, and use the most advanced shipping technology to rush your new pets safely and quickly to your home. All of these factors make us confident enough to offer you a unique guarantee on your fish or invertebrate purchase:
1. Every MARINE animal we ship is conditionally guaranteed to arrive safely and remain alive for 14 days from the date of shipment*2. Every FRESHWATER animal we ship is conditionally guaranteed to arrive safely
In the extremely unlikely event that you should receive a marine animal dead in the bag OR any animal dies within 14 days from the date it was shipped, we will conditionally replace the animal for free at our sole discretion. This offer does not include packing and shipping costs and does not apply to replacement shipments. In addition, the following conditions apply:
- Our optional “Peace-of-MindTM” insurance may be purchased and provides conditional insurance against any delay and/or damage caused by the carrier to your shipment.
- Your shipment must be received IMMEDIATELY upon delivery by our courier. If you are not home to receive your shipment on its first delivery attempt all guarantees will be voided (including “Peace-of MindTM” insurance). This condition can be avoided by choosing STORE PICKUP for your order.
- You MUST accept ALL shipments sent to you under any and all circumstances. Any refused shipment will disqualify you from any future livestock purchase from us. Additionally, you will be held responsible to pay for the refused shipment. Peace-of MindTM” insurance is voided by refusal to accept any shipment.
- Only next-day-delivery shipments are guaranteed. Any shipment delayed by the courier for any reason will not be guaranteed, unless Peace-of MindTM” insurance is purchased.
- Only undamaged shipments are guaranteed. Any shipment damaged in any way by the courier will not be guaranteed, unless Peace-of MindTM” insurance is purchased. Any damage noted to the exterior of a delivered package must be immediately reported to the delivery person at the time the package is accepted and the driver must annotate that damage and sign the annotation. Failure to report damage at the time of delivery will void our conditional guarantee as well as any Peace-of MindTM” insurance. We will handle any applicable delay and/or damage claims directly with the courier company upon receipt of the signed annotated damage.
- Shipments exposed to and suffering damage/loss due to extreme temperatures will not be guaranteed. Shipments that have been exposed to extreme temperatures must be reported to the courier at the time of delivery. The contents of said shipments must be inspected by the courier’s representative and any damage annotated and signed for.
- All animals received must be acclimated properly according to our Acclimation Procedures within one hour after receipt. Even if you think an animal is dead you must attempt to acclimate it. The reason for this is that stress caused by shipping can often cause many animals to appear to be dead in their bags when in fact they can be revived by proper acclimation techniques.
- Your tank must be in good condition and your water quality must meet our water quality standards: Ammonia – 0 ppm, Nitrites – 0 ppm, Nitrates – 0 ppm, pH – 8.2 – 8.4, Specific Gravity 1.020 – 1.024, temperature 75–78 degrees F for reef aquariums and 78-82 degrees for marine fish aquariums. For all claims of dead animals we reserve the right to request a sample of your tank water for free testing to determine if these standards have been met. In such a case we will send you a free container and a stamped, addressed envelope to return your water sample.
- You must comply with the compatibility terms contained in our “Compatibility” document. Any animal housed with an incompatible tank-mate will not be covered by any guarantee.
- You must notify us immediately within 2 hours after suffering a livestock loss. All losses reported after 14 days (336 hours) from the time of shipment will not be honored. Notify us by email only and include a date-stamped photograph of the dead animal taken against a white background.
- Never discard your dead animal without proper authorization by us – simply place it in a plastic bag and freeze the animal until further notice. We reserve the right to have all dead specimens returned to us via US Mail. Should this be required we will authorize you promptly via email upon receipt of your loss notification to return the dead animal. Simply mail the dead specimen back to us via US Priority Mail ALONG WITH THE AUTHORIZATION LETTER EMAILED TO YOU. Please ensure that all dead specimens are properly and completely sealed inside a plastic bag within the mailing envelope. Also, your return envelope must be postmarked within 24 hours from our return authorization and MOST IMPORTANTLY your name and shipping address must appear on the outside of the envelope.
- If part of any product package/bundle dies (eg. A frag pack), we will replace or credit you the prorated amount of the price of that package/bundle.
- We will price match any legitimate online offer for exactly matching live animals offered for sale by major online retailers. Please see our “Low Price Guarantee” section for details.
- We reserve the right to change or cancel any and all of our terms at any time at our sole discretion and without prior notice.
- There will be NO LIABLITY accepted whatsoever for any loss/damage caused by introduction of disease and/or parasites to any established aquarium UNLESS all new animals are properly quarantined and medicated in a completely isolated quarantine system before they are introduced to said aquarium. Quarantine and medication must be performed strictly per our acclimation procedures.
In the extremely unlikely event that you should receive a freshwater animal dead in the bag, we will conditionally replace the animal for free at our sole discretion. This offer does not include packing and shipping costs and does not apply to replacement shipments. In addition, the following conditions apply: